It is truly special when you watch a game get as much support from the developer as ICARUS has. As we move into the 87th week straight of updates for the game, we have new details on the DLC releasing on August 24th. Below are some general details about the DLC called New Frontiers.
Complete details on the DLC on Steam: FULL DETAILS HERE
New Frontiers comes packed with new content. Regardless of how you like to play, there will be something for you and your team to jump into.
- A brand new map, with three new biomes - the searingly hot volcanic region, murky swamplands and eerie alien grasslands
- New extreme weather events for each biome, reflective of the atmospheric conditions of each environment
- 10+ mutated alien creatures. The terraforming process drastically impacted the local wildlife, and while it didn’t kill the creatures as it did in other zones, it terribly mutated them into the species you face now. Dreadwings, Lava Hunters, Needlers, Dracs, Drifters - their nicknames only tell half the story
- Six new narrative missions that play out in a sequenced story, leading you on a gradually darkening journey
- New mission logic and technology, allowing you to launch any mission, big or small, from your Open World (this will be added to the base game too, in our future Hypatia update)
- 100+ new items to craft, deploy and use across Icarus, along with five new raw resources generating a range of new recipes and tiers: Obsidian, Scoria, Crystalised Miasma, and more
- Native and exclusive to this new zone of Icarus are the new Red Exotics, found in exotic flora found around the map
- With this new currency come 30+ new items in the orbital workshop for you to purchase and a new system which allows you to purchase these from the surface via cargo pods
This is just the content coming at launch - as with all RocketWerkz games, we’ll continue to drop regular updates with more content, fixes, tweaks, improvements, and features. We’re done 85 consecutive weekly updates with Icarus so far, and we’re not stopping now.
ICARUS is a PvE survival game for up to eight players. Explore a savage wilderness in the aftermath of terraforming gone wrong. Survive the Open World, complete timed Missions or build your Outpost. Explore, build, craft and hunt while seeking your fortune and prospecting for exotic matter.